General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance
Consulting and remediation services to make your information security program GDPR-compliance ready
On 25 May 2018, the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into effect. Is your organisation ready to comply? GDPR builds on the existing EU Data Protection Directive, but will introduce challenges in terms of data processing, security, privacy and access, and breach notification. Failure to comply could result in organisations being fined up to 20 million euros or four percent of annual global turnover – whichever is higher.
Do you have the skills in house to manage your GDPR compliance programme or are you looking for best practice advice? Do you need help starting to scope the project, or require support reviewing your incident response and management processes? Our expert team can help.
To help you identify gaps in the information security measures necessary for GDPR compliance and to get your security operations and processes ready for the GDPR, Szilaghis’ consultants and GDPR practitioners can help you across four GDPR-specific streams of work.
- GDPR Maturity Assessment: an engagement that helps organizations identify the data in and out of scope of GDPR, build data flows and understand its current state of maturity and gaps in security practice against the GDPR standards for information security and incident response practices, to produce a roadmap to compliance. Szilaghi’s GDPR assessments will give you greater clarity around the impact of GDPR compliance.
- GDPR Program Development: an engagement that is a highly tailored approach to help build appropriate measures to meet each organization’s specific requirements for compliance with the GDPR.
- Data Protection Impact Assessment: an engagement that helps manage risks to personal information. Szilaghi Consulting can help build the DPIA process, as well as help organizations undertake regular DPIAs when new projects, services or third parties come into scope of the GDPR.
- GDPR Program Assurance: an engagement that is key to testing, operating and managing compliance from initial implementation through to ongoing assurance exercises and testing.
In addition, Szilaghi Consulting offers Monitoring, Detection and Response Solutions to support the information security and incident response aspects of the GDPR.
With you every step of the way to GDPR compliance
Organisations are at varying stages of readiness for GDPR. Wherever you are on your journey, our team’s GDPR assessments will give you greater clarity around the impact of GDPR compliance. Choose from a full range of assessments, including:
- Gap analysis of planned or implemented controls against industry standards
- Identification of relevant services focused on the technical and security aspects of GDPR
- Audit report of evidenced controls and compliance with GDPR
- Gap analysis
- PII Identification and Data Mapping
- Incident management process review
- Security Health Check and Maturity Assessment
- Third-party assessments
- Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
- Security architecture consulting
- Data protection by design
- DPO consultancy
- Policy Framework Review
Together or separately, these dedicated services, from our expert and qualified specialists, put you in the best possible position to discover how you fall in scope, assess your maturity, implement security controls and processes to patch gaps and maintain the best ongoing security posture for GDPR compliance.
Our GDPR services Benefits
- Full range of GDPR services and security assessments, depending on the progress of your compliance programme
- Experienced team certified to industry-recognized qualifications
- Improve your organisation’s overall operational and information security processes
- Improve security awareness – legal, IT, HR and other business functions must all be involved, with executive support
Early this October, Facebook revealed that hackers got access to the sensitive personal information of 30 million users, causing many to rush to delete their accounts and protect it from any further breaches. However, Facebook is definitely not the only websit...
Customers wonder whether they really need a project manager, because they look like a tax on paper and unnecessary expenses because project managers do not offer anything at all and often hinder what they want to do! So, if all this is true, why is it importan...
If this is the first time you’ve heard that as of May 25th, the EU will begin enforcing the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), take a brief moment to freak out. Now take a deep breath and know that you’re not alone in being behind on preparation. D...