Remote Gaming License
Obtaining licenses for gambling activities, tax consultancy & planning, legal strategy, consultancy, legal opinions & reports, registering companies in European jurisdictions without requiring the licensing of related activities.
Curacao Remote Gaming License
Curaçao provides one eGaming license type, also called a sub-license. Operating under eGaming license covers games of skill, randomness, chance and wagering-related services that use telecommunications.
The nation of Curacao was synonymous with online gambling, when this type of entertainment was still in its infancy. Curacao is located on an island paradise in the southern Caribbean Sea. Their government offers a wide range of services to any operator who can meet their requirements and pay the necessary licensing fees.
Curaçao provides one eGaming license type, also called a sub-license. Operating under eGaming license covers games of skill, randomness, chance, and wagering-related services that use telecommunications (phone, Internet, IP Networks, Applications, Services, Mobile, Servers, etc). The following are some of the games that can be authorized to operate under the Curaçao eGaming license: Sportsbooks, Betting exchanges, Online casino games (roulette, blackjack, slots), Live dealing, Skill games, Peer to peer games (poker, backgammon, Mah-jong), Mobile games, Fantasy football (or similar), Financial trading, Pari-mutuel and pool betting, Network gaming, Lotteries, Trivia, Bingo, Common platforms, Affiliates, and Skins.
You deserve the best result!
WE TAKE CARE TO RECEIVE IT.
Speak to a consultant today
Tell us how we can be of service and one of our team members will contact you.
Where is Curacao?
The nation of Curacao is a constituent country in the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Located off the coast of Venezuela, Curacao consists of two islands. The island from which it takes its name has an area of 171 square miles and a population of over 150,000. The other island, known as “Little Curacao”, is empty, except for a lighthouse and diving sites that frequently attract tourists.
Curacao regulated the online gambling situation in 1993, although it became more official with the establishment of the Electronic Gaming Licensing Authority in 1996. The Curacao Gaming Control Board regulated online gambling in the early years, but the Licensing Authority for electronic games in Curacao assumed this responsibility after decentralization, in 2002. Since then, the activity of hosting and licensing gambling on the Internet is a major boost for the nation’s economy.
- 0% gaming tax;
- No VAT;
- No Sales Tax;
- 2% corporation tax for e-Zone companies;
- No restriction on dividend withdrawals;
- One type of license;
- International private IP compliance network;
- Co-location facilities.
Qualifying for Curaçao’s E-Zone 2% Net Profits Tax
One of the most popular reasons to apply for a company in Curacao is to apply for an E-zone permit to take advantage of the special tax regime where the Curaçao company pays only 2% of its Net company profits. The special tax exemption is valid until the end of December 2025. Only a Curaçao company can hold an E-zone permit.
Specialized Curaçao eGaming Licensing & Compliance Services
We recognize that many iGaming operators may have licenses issued and companies established in other jurisdictions and those ancillary applications, technical services, and remote functions might be operating from various geographic locations. An operator may wish to operate under the Curaçao eGaming license in order to benefit from the many specialized compliance services that we offer. We offer specialized services to operators in order to coordinate compliance requirements in a multi-jurisdictional environment. Such services may include but not be limited to application services, domains, IP traffic, the transport and delivery of specific contributing logic or event functions, SSL, DNS, player history data, settlement, and back-office services.
- Acquiring an iGaming license;
- Incorporation of a Curacao company;
- Registration for e-Zone status (2% corporate tax) for the iGaming company;
- e-Zone registered address;
- Provision of local Managing Director for the iGaming Company;
- Co-location and Hosting Facilities with adequate bandwidth and redundancy in the e-Zone;
- Compliance services – compliance for specific data, application services, IP traffic, contributing remote services and events. Compliance may be achieved via our Global IP compliance services, consisting of global remote IP compliance services, dedicated servers, co-location, VPS, cloud servers, data storage services and hosting;
- Custom solutions – including dedicated servers, VPS servers, private cloud servers, global IP compliance services, cloud data storage, hosting, single unit rack space or high capacity private racks in our worldwide private network locations. Our partners’ compliance services and data centers are strategically located worldwide providing licensees with turnkey compliance-ready solutions, optimal performance and geographic control for maximized delivery of worldwide services. Its core compliance services data centre and centralized hub of our global operations and IP compliance services is located and operated from within the Curaçao Government E-zone. This is the centralized location where all the major International Sub- Marine Fiber-Optic Cable Systems terminate to Curaçao.
Other Services under the Curacao eGaming license
The following are some examples of other services that can be considered for operation under the Curaçao eGaming license:
- Common Platform Service Provider;
- Integrator/Services Provider/Operator;
- BackOffice, Registration Management and Services;
- Brokerage, Agent Services;
- Relay or IN-Path event or logic services;
- Backup services or Disaster Recovery.
Contact Szilaghi Consulting to Get Your Curacao Gambling License
For more than 17 years, Szilaghi Consulting has been working with startups, entrepreneurs, and companies already established for online gambling. We have worked all over the world, but we have a special and extensive practice in Curacao. During this time, I gained a deep knowledge of the requirements and general obligations of the process of incorporating the company and obtaining a license for gambling in Curacao. We have established relationships with industry stakeholders, including authorities, service providers, and other gaming companies. This positions us as market leaders in assisting our customers with Curacao licensing goals.
Through our extensive and carefully verified network of contacts in the country, we can ensure that you move efficiently through the entire setup process. We know everything you need to know about requirements, criteria, nuances, and possible obstacles and can help you prevent and navigate whatever comes your way.
To incorporate the company and apply for a gambling license in Curacao or just to discuss your plan, vision or options, contact Szilaghi Consulting today.